Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Implicit Association test plus the Political Compass test.


  The implicit association test was about helping us to know what bias we have while the political compass test help us to know where we stand politically and sort of political company we keep. 

  The implicit Association test is a computer- based measure which users rapidly categorize two targets concepts with an attribute. 
   The political compass test offers six pages of questions which each statemate we have to rate from Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree.

   I take the race (Black-White) and the Sexuality test. My results for the race test suggested that I have preference for African origin over European. The sexuality test told me that I have little to no automatic preference between straight people to Gay people. 
    In the Political Compass test, I received results that placed me kind of in the middle but sightly to the Left- Libertarain. 


   The result was quite true for me. I've seen people have bias against black people which I feel very bad about it. There are movies shown about how horrible black people have been treated in society. From watching one movie 'The help' it's about a two black maids struggle about racism as they work for white families. After watching this movie I feel for them and I've never had any bias against them. Also for gay people I think they are not thing different from straight people. Love is not always between man and woman, so it can be in multiple ways it's fine for me as long as they love eachother.


   If I take an ideological perspective on my implicit bias, then I am a very liberalized and left wing, which my political compass test, I am a libertarian as well. I have a direct action view of social change. 
      The two test that I took kind of connected in some way. I tend to be in the middle and don't judge anything right away and I'm not interested in politics. 

If you are interested in taking these test, the link is down below https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

For those who still have bias against black people this movie might help you http://www.solarmovie.ws/watch-the-help-2011-online.html


No comments:

Post a Comment